These bones my frame won't hold in place.
They'd leave and part ways if I was without You.
This earth, my home, would be alone.
There'd be no moon to share the galaxy, if it was without You.
My God. I am not, but You are.
What was it like when You prayed?
Did the rivers calm when the raging seas obeyed?
What was it like when You slept?
Did the rocks come close and the trees lean in, and did the air rejoice just to be Your breath?
My God. I am not, but You are.
When Your servant tried to ask Your name
But a million words could not contain
And the meaning could not be expressed
For the weight would be too much to take
So You cradled him like You cradle me, and whispered, “I AM."
Oh my God! I am not, but You are.
"Untitled"; My Epic
So, since my other blog account has been down for 2 days, I guess I'll bring my random posts over here. This song is indescribable to me. I have a feeling a blog will be born from my thoughts on/experiences of these lyrics soon. Not to toot my own horn, but I believe it will be pretty dang good. Not because I'm a fantastic writer [I actually think I'm somewhat scattered in my thoughts, and I write just the way I think& speak, which results in scattered blogs! Oh well...], but because this song is incredible, and God is doing MUCH in my heart, mind, spirit and, overall, in my life right now.
I have now been brought to tears and to my knees countless times [literally and figuratively] over these last few weeks by realizing, "My God, I am not... but YOU ARE.", and I am honestly blown away by how great God is and how He loves us.
My mind cannot fathom such heights and such depths of love, and I am so grateful that I love, follow, and serve a God who defies norms and human descriptions.
He is so....... I don't know... He just IS.
No comments:
Post a Comment