Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Have Come to Realize... [part 2]

1) It makes me feel awkward when people live out their lives on Facebook, complete with breakup conversations, sibling fights, or political debates that get heated to the point of name-calling and fighting. It would be one thing if I were going to people's pages looking for this stuff, but the fact that it all just makes itself into my newsfeed makes it nearly impossible to avoid, and I feel like I'm intruding on someone's business. People confuse me.

2) I really don't mind staying home alone, because I rather enjoy having the house to myself, and getting to slightly relive the years that I was out of my parents' house. However, taking care of two dogs [one who is particularly needy] makes it feel like I have children. Also, having people over, and then having them leave makes the house feel emptier than what I began with. Its weird. But I'm sure I'll quickly reacclimate to "the single life". :)

 
3) There are things potentially happening that could keep me around Yucca longer than I planned.
I want to move to Colorado. By May or June. But now I don't know if that's going to happen, because it seems my time here isn't finished yet. I'm super antsy to go, because I'm just really excited about the idea of Colorado, and I'm anticipating that I'll love it and want to move there immediately. BUT, if for some reason God puts a hold on that because I need to be here a little while longer, that's okay. I trust Him. If His purpose is for me to be here to take advantage of some opportunities, I can really only thank Him for the privilege to be used by Him in ways I've always prayed for! And I know He knows what I want, as far as moving! Now I wait and see...

4) I need to find a new hobby, a new activity, another thing to study, or a new way to expend some energy.
I'm starting to go a little crazy. Funny thing is, my schedule is full. I guess I'll have to drop something in order to take on a new thing, or manage my time so that I can fit them all without overextending myself.
To this day, "Margin" by Craig Groeschel is one of the best series I've ever listened to, and it has forever changed the way I think. I just need to make sure my actions and life mirror what I've learned, so that I'm not just thinking, "Yes, I need margin in my life!" but actually actively making it happen.

5) The word of God is absolutely true, and it is alive, and God still fulfills His promises in our lives today, just as He did thousands& thousands of years ago. He has proven Jeremiah 33:3 in my life before, and He is doing it again now. All I can say is that I am incredibly thankful and blown away by how He loves us-- how He loves ME, and is consistently invested in my life. He loves SO perfectly, so completely, so selflessly, so relentlessly, so passionately, so strongly-- it makes me speechless. I am so in love with Him, I can't even describe it!

6) If we as Christians keep running our mouths and not paying careful attention to how we use our words, we will cause more harm than good. Life is not about "us" and "them". It is about being loved by God and allowing that to completely mold and move us, it is about loving Him and letting the reciprocation of that flow over into every area of our lives and dealings, it is about loving people, and sharing the truth, beauty, and love of Jesus Christ. He loves us consistently& perfectly, He died so we could have life, and He redeemed us from the things we were handcuffed by, and has given us freedom. So its time to stop putting unfair demands and regulations on people that not even God Himself would approve of. Do we really think He would be proud of us for being rude in our words or actions? Um, false.

7) I can truly thank God for putting so many wonderful people in my life, throughout the length of my life.
I can't even express how many people have been used in my life to make me see Jesus more clearly; to learn more about God, the Bible, people, purpose, and myself; to think of things differently; to see things in a different light; to have new insight or understanding; to realize where I'm wrong in areas in which I'd previously assumed I was right; to learn from; to observe; to be provided with a great example on how to live or behave; to sincerely be blessed and challenged and made joyful by; and to fall more in love with Jesus by the way they speak, think, and live their lives. Many of those people have come and gone, come again, and left again, and yes, that can be sad. But I realize that life ebbs and flows, it changes constantly, it is unpredictable and-- despite all that-- God's got it all figured out and He has a purpose in everything. And I am seriously just unable to express how thankful I am that I have met and experienced life alongside so many fantastic people. And to those of you who are still around... please don't leave. :)

No comments: