Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Except, first, I must share two things I find completely worthless.

1) Flat sheets. Seriously? Which genius thought that was a great idea? They're worthless, and I absolutely can't stand them. Since I [apparently] move around so much in my sleep, I wake up with my legs tangled in the sheet, which is as bad as my feet feeling claustrophobic from socks. Boo on flat sheets!

2) Michael Bolton Christmas songs. Okay, really now? That is a surefire way to catapult me right out of the Christmas spirit. Haha. Eww.



Now, onto my favorite things!

1) Filling my gas tank for about $20. So great. Oh, AND driving to LA, around LA, and back on a little over one tank of gas. How's that for gas mileage!

2) Kings of Leon.

3) Visits/calls from Spain friends that make it feel as though we never left. We connect in ways that I don't connect with everyone else, and it is so nice to not have to explain everything I think or mean. I miss those kind of people...

4) Driving with good company or with calls from my best friend.


5) Memories. I've had some pretty bad memories along the way, but God is healing my memories and restoring me in ways I didn't realize I needed it. Now I can remember without being torn apart, and I'm also often reminded of hilarious, special, or wonderful memories... Trips down Memory Lane are pretty fun. :)

6) Realizing I can't drive past the windmills on the 10 freeway without laughing. Haha. So ridiculous.

7) Fireworks!!!!! Regardless of the occasion, whether some kid is setting off fireworks in his backyard, or at the end of a long, fun day at Disneyland, or at the start of the New Year, I just like fireworks!
They make me so happy and, to my shame, make me squeal like a little girl. I can't help it. People say I'm like a monkey [no joke], but I just like shiny things.

8) Football, football movies [We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans, two of my favorite movies] and football nights with friends. As ridiculous as it may sound, if I could be in a [tall] man's body for a day, I'd want to be a football player, to see what it feels like. Would hurt like hell, but still-- how fun!


9) Thrice, My Epic, Carney, MuteMath, and the rest of my Drive Time playlist.

10) Reminiscing about my favorite memories of Europe:

-Cliff jumping into the Mediterranean.

-Open air markets.

-Leading a trip to Valencia last minute [although, I admit, I was terrified to have so many plane tickets& hundreds of Euros in my possession!], and exploring Spain with 5 other people with nothing but a tiny map [thankfully given to us by a sympathetic American girl on the train] and a guy with a good sense of direction as our guides.

-Melissa& I sightseeing in London for 4 days, drinking way too much tea, seeing the Greenwich Maritime Museum, the Queen's House, and Aslan statues in Piccadilly Circus.

-Paul& Jimmy mimmicking names of the Metro stops in Rome [Next stop, Termini!]... for the first 5 minutes, before it got old.


-Sitting in the Apostle Paul's prison in Rome, and being hit by reality.

-Seeing the Beauty& the Beast library at the British Library!
-Driving through orchards and being given a history lesson by an old Mallorquin man, and climbing up old war towers to be given more ancient history lessons by Raf.


Such great times. Such great travels. And they're not over. Next stop, Northern Lights!
But Colorado first!

No comments: