Friday, December 3, 2010

Masquerade: Week 5.

I am not even kidding you, if you have ever trusted anything I’ve ever said, believe this:


Probably every single person I have ever talked to would benefit from watching this. I know I sure did. Dang, God STILL speaks today, and He speaks with authority and power, knowing things and putting His finger on issues that no one else even knows about.

If you have ever been angry at God, if you have ever felt that He didn’t show up, or that He has let you down in some way, this one’s for you. If you haven’t, don’t be surprised if one day you do.

I’m serious. I never thought I would see the day when I was mad at God, but I did. And I praise God for opening my eyes to see those things, for the strength to face them head-on and be completely vocal about it with Him and with another person, and to be healed of untrue, ungodly, &harmful ideas and beliefs that I was holding onto. The idea that God cares about everyone’s life but mine; the thought that my heart and my hurts don’t matter; the idea that I have never been nor ever will be good enough for God, for myself, or especially for anyone else; the idea that God answers everyone’s prayers but mine; the idea that God has forgotten or overlooked my needs or that He hasn’t been there when I’ve needed Him most.



What a lie. God has ALWAYS been with me; always. He is my Dad, and He loves me and calls me to run to His arms. But in times of being hurt by people, betrayed, or rejected, I have run away from Him & from people, in an attempt to quickly build and reinforce walls around myself in order to protect myself. I tried to do it all alone, and put on a “Life is perfect” front, and became so prideful that I could turn it on and off at my own will, and that I could be so emotionally detached. [Its true, I'm not an incredibly emotional person, especially compared to "normal" girls, but the way in which I shut off my emotions during that time was unhealthy.]

These are things that happened several years ago, and over the last few years, I HAVE been living a Spirit-filled life, having a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, but I had swept everything under the rug. So, although I felt my relationship with Him was deep, it could only ever go so far, because I was holding everyone at bay, including Him. It could only be so deep, because there were areas I had blocked off& written off, and had never faced them. Recently I have become aware of the root of the problem, have dealt with it greatly already, and am in the stage of pushing past it and seeing real victory in my life. If every person in my life were to reject me, it truly would not destroy me, because God is for me, and He loves me with an everlasting Love, and He is exceedingly abundantly more.



And I can honestly say:
GOD IS BETTER. No matter what is going on in your life; no matter what you’re going through, no matter how you've been hurt or wronged, God is better and He is bigger and He is stronger than all of it. He loves you& will never intentionally harm you.
He is our Deliverer, and He WILL NOT leave you to face it alone. He is in the midst.
Watch, please. You won’t regret it.
Masquerade: Week 5

http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/masquerade


No comments: