Wow.
It seriously blows my mind to see how God uses situations in our life for greater glory.
There are some things I have been through that have freaking SUCKED, yet God always seems to place people in my life who are currently going through those things. In times like these, He provides opportunities for me to have compassion and be more understanding than someone else who can't speak from experience in this.
It is not a matter of,
"Oh, well I'm just such a smart person that I figured this out on my own",
but a matter of:
"Well, what I thought would destroy me, God showed me He is bigger than. What I thought I couldn't handle, He showed me He could and He can. In times that I thought God had dropped the ball and forgotten about me, He showed me that His eye and His hand were on me the entire time... and He did those things with a very specific purpose [some of which I now know, some which I never will], and I can honestly say that He did what was best and is unfathomably trustworthy."
And now that allows me to tell people, "Ohhhhh man... I know what you mean/I know how you feel/ I can imagine what must be going through your mind." and I can promise with all confidence that God IS bigger and He is BETTER. I never thought I'd be able to say this with sincerity, but:
Everything I've been through...
It has all been worth it.
I can see that now... and I believe that in the ways I still haven't seen the "worth it" factor demonstrated, I have hope that I will one day see that, too.
There are a few people in my life who have been unbelievable supports, sources of encouragement, voices of reason, or just great listeners, & I am now able to mirror that example toward others.
"Let each one of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." -Phil. 2:4
Thank Jesus for His character in people. People have lived out this verse toward me.
Now its my turn. Pay it forward.
"I hope we wake up one day, and tear the veils from our faces& see how beautiful the world can be.
We'll open our mouths& reach our hands toward the sky... The sun has come for us again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment