Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Starved.

Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no.

I think I've turned over a new leaf that I wish I hadn't!

I have become a cranky hungry person. I hope this isn't a new phase. And I think I may have caused it.

Last Saturday, my mom& I went shopping for a verrrry long time. I had a great time with her. Although I do not like shopping for more than 2 hours, she's great company.
However, that day I didn't eat breakfast, because I wasn't hungry. I wasn't all that hungry for lunch, nor did I bring snacks. I didn't eat until 5pm, and when I finally ate, I was staaaarving& feeling cranky.



As if that wasn't bad enough, today I apparently [although accidentally] decided to go for Round 2.




I think that may have triggered a case of hunger-induced Crankypants Aceves. CRAP.


I didn't eat breakfast today, because I wasn't hungry. I didn't go home directly after work, because I had to get bloodwork done& run some errands. If you know me, you know I rarely ever eat out, because its hard to find somewhere that's safe enough for all my food allergies, and I'd rather just save my money& eat when I get home. Hmm.
Big
mistake. Especially seeing as I got home at 4:45.



I turned into such a grump! I was driving and yelling at other drivers [or, rather, talking condescendingly to them which, sadly, is my form of road rage. "Seriously? You thought that was a good idea? Really? Brilliant, thanks."], and getting frustrated [in my mind, not outwardly] with the Costco employee, and annoyed at the elderly lady who was completely oblivious that her car was made with a turn signal [two, even!] for a reason.


Suddenly I stopped and thought, "Natalie... WHAT is your problem????"
Honestly, I usually have quite a long fuse. It takes a lot to frustrate me, and even more to make me mad.
[That is a total testimony to the power of Jesus Christ& His ability to change lives, because when I was a kid, I was so tempermental.]


Still... today I saw a case of grumpiness that I hope to never see again.
I do not like being in a grumpy mood, or being mad... especially when I know its over something as ridiculous as hunger.

Looks like I need to start carrying snacks everywhere, like I used to when I lived in Spain. Moses was always full of apples, walnuts, water bottles, and pumpkin seeds. Such a healthy little fella.

Or I need to stop waiting until 4 or 5pm to have my first meal. Or stop drinking coffee or chai during the day, because it curbs my appetite so that I'm not hungry for real food. Or all of the above.
This is ridiculous.
And right now I'm giving myself a time out. What I mean by that is, my parents just got home, and I can hear them in the kitchen, but the food I ate hasn't kicked in just yet [its only been about 10 minutes], and I still feel grumpy... So, since I don't want them to experience my grumpiness, I'm hiding out in my room until I'm feeling normal, patient& even-keeled.

Hahahaha. Wow. I'm like my own 5 year old. Snacks& time out.
Well... people do always tell me I look younger...

No comments: