Sunday, November 14, 2010

Today I Am Thankful For...

Perspective. And answers. And the freedom to let go-- of many things, to varying degrees, and at different rates.

Chiropractors. Without Dr. Whitlock, I'd be in a world of hurt. No pun intended, but it is what it is.

Sisters, prayer, and the technology behind text messages.

My mom, fun days shopping and running errands with her, and realizing that, although it had been far too long since we'd done that, it was just as fun as we'd remembered.

Chipotle. Chicken burrito bowl, you are my Everest. One day I will finish you in one sitting. But I don't like eating myself into a food coma, no matter how good the food is.

ThermaCare heat packs, and the temporary relief they provide for my back. Hey, 8 hours is better than nothing!

Christmas smell. Christmas tastes. Christmas cups at Starbucks. Christmas trees. Christmas lights. Christmas baking decorations. Christmas drinks [grande soy no-water chai is Christmas in a cup-- which is probably why it is my current addiction]. Christmas cards, which I have yet to begin making. The thing I was most looking forward to about going shopping was knowing that the stores would be decorated for Christmas. 41 days!!!!!!!!!! And 12 days until Christmas music begins!

My Epic. Their lyrics are so unbelievably relatable. Dang.

Monday night's concert was seriously the 3rd best concert of the year.
#1) Thrice [hands down, no contest].
#2) Carney [one of my favorite bands who I'd been waiting 4 years to see perform live].
#3) Monday night: From Indian Lakes, My Epic, Oceana. FIL put on the best show I've seen them perform yet, and My Epic freaking killed it. All bands were seriously awesome. Truth. What was also seriously awesome was the fantastic three band drum finale-- Brandy & I were movin' to the groovin'.

Four hour conversations with Bekka Patton over Starbucks [the aforementioned Christmas-in-a-cup], talking about life, love, and Jesus. Bekka is truly an incredible woman, and I'm so glad to have a friend close by who I can relate to in so many ways... and who can talk AND listen for as long as I can!

60 degree days and 40 degree nights. Peacoats. Boots. Scarves. Sweaters. Legwarmers. Leggings. Slipper socks. And the mittens and hobo gloves that are about to debut. I still haven't been able to see my breath, but I know the day is quickly approaching!

Knowing I get to go to Colorado in less than 2 months. FINALLY.

Knowing Nichole is going back to Spain, being super-super-super excited about it, and the fact that I got to see/hear of/be a part of the process, through prayer & conversation. :) Mi Dios es tan grande, tan fuerte y poderoso, no hay nada que no puede hacer!

Knowing that, as I give God what I think is best, He will give me what He knows is better.
There is so much more to that promise than meets the eye, and if you think you understand what I mean by that, you don't-- because neither do I. But someday I will.



"Fruitful living requires not only testing, but living for something that is greater than ourselves."-Al Abdullah
Reality Carpinteria podcast; "Joy in Gospel Growth"


***[I highly recommend this podcast to any and all of you... Search Reality Carpinteria on iTunes or go to realitymessages.com. SO good. Al Abdullah is seriously great.]

No comments: