...before bed.
#1) I love my parents. And I love the fact that they have strong communication skills. I asked my mom about something this evening, she told me she'd talk to my dad about it, and when they got home, BAM. Answer.
I love that. They're so on the ball with things.
#2) I thoroughly enjoy& appreciate our new house. And I'm thrilled by the fact that we can open up our home to people who have nowhere to go for the holidays, who are visiting, or who need a place to crash for a few nights. Maybe one day I'll own a bed& breakfast. Provide people with a warm bed, a warm meal, a cup of coffee, and some home-baked goodies? My pleasure.
#3) I miss Colorado. I know, I know. Its ridiculous. I was only there for a week. But I was literally sad when I left. Don't get me wrong... I was excited to come home because I knew Blake, Ash, and Ezra were here, and I've been so glad to hang out with my friends and family. And, not to get all sappy or sentimental or dramatic, but I think I belong there. Truthfully. BUT, if that's the case, then one day I will be there! Hopefully before 2011 is over. :)
#4) Football movies are probably the best motivator for running. I watched Invincible last night and tonight while I was on the treadmill [unless I'm watching with someone else, I can hardly sit through an entire movie in one sitting. I think I have ADD. Or I'm just too dang hyper.]. The practice/game scenes are the best. Its like having your own personal coach telling you to stay in the game and keep running. I ran 4 miles tonight, and stayed on the treadmill 15 minutes more than last night, because I kept rewinding and replaying the big game scenes. Hahaha.
#5) Speaking of football, I wish you could pause and replay games in real-time. I mean, I know you can with TiVo or DVR or whatnot, but if you do, you run the risk of missing the next play, which is not okay. I wish pausing the game stopped time, so you could replay it in slow-motion to really see every detail. I noticed tonight that my favorite scenes were when there were huge plays, because they always run them in slow-motion, so you see everything before it happens. Legit. That's not possible in live games, with all the hustle& crashing of pads and helmets.
#6) While I'm still on the topic of football [haha], if I could be a man for a day, I would want to be an NFL player. I mean, I know there are so many awesome things that can be done in this world, like skydiving or skiing or mountaineering, but I really just want to play football. Just once. But not as a mediocre 24-year old woman. As a strong, well-equipped, able-bodied man. How insane would that be?
And, last point on this topic, one of our patients is an NFL ref! WHAT?! I'm so excited. I hope I get to meet him soon. And get his autograph. Or that of any of the Packers. That would make my life.
#7) Waking up at 5:45 is hard some days; easy others. Regardless, I love it. Like, truly love it. It starts my day off so wonderfully, and I am so blown away to know that no matter what time I want to spend time with Jesus, He's always waiting and willing. Its not like me... If someone wanted to call me at 5am, I'd probably moan and groan and sleep right through it, or reschedule for a more convenient time. But not so with Him. When I need to wake up even earlier for work than usual, He's always willing to talk and hang out and teach me through His word. I love that. I am deeply blessed to know Him and to love and be loved by such a perfect Savior.
#8) Sunday nights are my favorite time of the week. Nothing else competes with it. No, not even Packers games. I know. Crazy to know that I love God more than football. ;) But I do! And, because of that, I don't feel guilty about enjoying such a great sport, even though some people try to lay on the guilt trip. Whatev. Luckily, [I think] only two games have fallen on Sunday evenings, so I haven't really had to worry about it. I've had time for both!! Games from 10-1, 12-3, or 1-4... Still leaves enough time to leave by 5:50. :)
[Dang it... I mentioned football again, didn't I? That's ridiculous.]
#9) I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much it means to me that so many people & customers don't want me to leave the thrift store. I seriously appreciate my coworkers and enjoy working and laughing with them. And laughing so hard that customers start laughing, and people start saying, "You guys have so much fun here!" or "There goes trouble!" Haha.
I don't want them to be sad, but its nice to be appreciated. I wish I could take them all with me.
#10) Its 10:26. And I need to leave for work by 6:40 tomorrow morning. Sooooooo... I should probably go read a book until I fall asleep. Good thing I have 3 great books to choose from.
Oh, AND, because I'm just so proud of my recent purchases, I just bought old copies of A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and a book of poems by Longfellow.
I'm not at all into poetry, but its Longfellow and it was copyrighted in 1892! I could not call myself a lover of literature and pass that up. Especially not when each book cost me 25 cents apiece.
I'm going to miss that thrift store...
No comments:
Post a Comment