Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Good Women Project.

So, there's this new blog I recently discovered...


I. CAN'T. STOP. READING.


Seriously. Most of the posts are so real, so straightforward, so honest.
Obviously, I don't agree 100% of the views shared by each blog writer on this site [because there are a LOT of writers, thus, a lot of opinions], but that's to be expected, unless I were a human puppet. Which I clearly am not.

Still, even on the views I don't particularly share or hold to, I'm so glad there's a blogsite that's about as blunt as I am. More so, actually. I like reading stuff from people who aren't cookie cutter shapes of all those who have come before them. 



Here's an excerpt from a blog written by Max Dubinsky.


The title is "From the Men: Women, Sex, and the Honeymoon" where he talks about how women's primary purpose in marriage is NOT sex, but to be a companion, helpmate, and someone to do life with.
He puts things into perspective, and he does it oh-so-frankly, which I love.


Alright, here it is:

My life is easier because of my wife. She works in the same industry I do, and she’s good at the things I am not. She’s the one business partner I can consult knowing that she has no one’s interest at heart but mine. She’ll choose an action movie over a romantic comedy, finds the show Archer both appalling and hilarious, is ready to go on an adventure at a moment’s notice, doesn’t get angry (but does get anxiety) when I give a homeless man our well-earned money, and on a Saturday night she is perfectly content Googling pictures of sea monsters and puppies with me while watching awful movies on Netflix.
Her value isn’t held in cooking dinners, cleaning the house, doing the laundry (tasks that I regularly do –  with joy, I might add), or being readily available for sex, but in being herself. The woman God created her to be. “Herself” is the founder of this website; a leader with a heart for broken, young woman; a survivor of an abusive, controlling home; a storyteller, an artist, a photographer, a writer, a lover. These are the reasons I adore Lauren. These are the reasons she is valuable as a woman. These are the reasons I am crazy about her, and why men are crazy about their wives.
If you’re a woman and you’re reading this today, know that your value lies in precisely who God had in mind when he laid the foundations of this planet – and not solely in your body and your ability to satisfy a man.
Men, know that sex is the reward of healthy relationship with her – and not what makes her valuable. And tell her this.

No comments: