Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Will Wait.

DISCLAIMER:
Girls, this is the precursor to the "All My Single Ladies" blog I've been promising for several months, but have never written. Sorry for that.

This is a poem by a hip-hop poet named Jannette, from P4CM [Passion 4 Christ Movement]. Several of my friends posted the video on FB, all with captions calling us single ladies to watch it. Seriously. I do not care if you're 14 and single, 25 and single, or 43 and single.
It. Is. Good.
Here is the link, so you can check it out: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhKd5523f5J4yhgXiD


Below is the script. FANTASTIC. Not all of us can relate to all of these experiences specifically, but I love the heart behind her poetry. No matter what happens... Jesus is Number ONE. Always. Hands down. No contest.

We can trust Him implicitly with our hearts, knowing He has the absolute best for us, His timing is perfect, and His wisdom trumps ours any day.

I have not recently settled for the "kinda sorta right, kinda sorta wrong" kind of guy by any means, but this is a great reminder to keep on keepin' on... To walk forward as Jesus takes me by the hand, enjoying my life with Him, and not allowing all the outside voices& opinions to seep in... You know, those voices that say you're only "someone" if you're in a relationship.
I call BS. B freaking S. Life with Jesus is full, it is joyful, it is exciting& adventurous, and He is enough. A relationship will be great, in His timing, but I don't need one to identify me or to validate me. Jesus did that when He bled& died for me on the cross, and when He raised Himself from the dead and ascended into heaven. On that day, He not only bought us, but He gave us purpose& value.

If I never get married, that value still remains. And if I DO get married, I only want it to be with the right man... The one whom is the best teammate for me, and whom I am the best for. The kind of relationship that displays Jesus' love... in the way he loves me& I love him, and in the way that we individually& collectively love, serve, & follow God, and in the way that we challenge& support each other to become more like Christ, so that we can reflect the relationship between Christ& His bride-- the church-- to those around us. Marriages are beautiful things, but its not about "not being alone", but about being a team who is on mission for Jesus Christ... and what better way to mirror the love of Christ to others, than to put two people together who love& enjoy each other deeply, who work so well together, and who just "fit"?



Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, that was the longest disclaimer known to man, and I think I'm getting ahead of myself& starting my blog, when I just meant to share a link!

Without further ado... Read on. It's way better than what I have to say...



I WILL WAIT.

So it seemed that it was cool for everyone to be in a relationship but me.
so I took matters into my own hands and ended up with him.
Him who displayed the characteristics of a liar, a cheater, an abuser, and a thief.

He had a form of godliness but not much. But hey, I can change him, so I’ll take him… he’s close… enough.


Ready to sell my aorta for a quarter; arteries so clogged with my will that it blocked His will from flowing through me. So I thank Christ that His blood pressure gave this heart an attack that flatlined my obscured vision& put me flat on my back. T
hrough my ignorance He saw.
So through my sternum He saw& cracked open my chest to transplant Psalm 51:10, a new heart& a renewed spirit within.

So now I fully understand, better yet, I thoroughly comprehend how much I need to wait for You.

See, the bad thing is that I knew he wasn’t You from the beginning. Because in the beginning was the Word, and he didn’t even sound or shine like Your Son.


But I know you.. you’re already praying for me. Even having never met me, let me assure you, I will wait for you. I will no longer date, socialize, or communicate with carbon copies of you, to appease my boredom or quench my thirsty desire for attention or short-lived compliments from “sorta-kindas”.
You know, “He’s sorta-kinda right, but sorta-kinda wrong.”

I won’t settle for false companionship. I won’t lay in the embrace of his arms, attempting to find some closeness but never feeling so far apart because, “I just wanna be held.”

I will no longer get weighted down by the so-called friend and family talks, concerned about my biological clock, when I serve the Author of time, who is NOT subject to time, but I am subject to Him.
He has the ability to stop, fast-forward, or rewind, at any given time, so if we could role-play, you would be Abraham and I would be Sarah.


Or you could be Jacob and I could be Rebecca, a servant’s answered prayer.
Bone of your bone, and flesh of your flesh, made up of your rib, Adam.
And once we meet, like electrons, I will be bound to your nucleus; completely indivisible, atom.
We even speak the same math! 1+ 1+ 1= 3, which really equals 1, if you add ‘em.


We were all created in His image, but you have the ability to reflect, project, and even detect the Son. If I were to explain what you look like, you would have to look like a star, a son of the Sun.
I would gain energy simply from the light you shine on me. I would need you in order to complete my photosynthesis.
I await your revelation, but once again-- from the genesis-- I will wait… for you.
And I will know you.

Because when you speak, I will be reminded of Solomon’s wisdom. Your ability to lead will remind me of Moses. Your faith will remind me of Abraham. Your confidence in God’s word will remind me of Daniel. Your inspiration will remind me of Paul. Your heart for God will remind me of David. Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah. Your integrity will remind me of Joseph. And your ability to abandon your own will, will remind me of the disciples.
But your ability to love selflessly and unconditionally will remind me of Christ.

But I won’t need to identify you by any special math use or any special marks, ‘cause His word will be tatted all over your heart.

And you will know me. And you will find me. Where the boldness of Esther meets the warm closeness of Ruth. Where the hospitality of Lydia is aligned with the submission of Mary which is engulfed in the tears of praying Hannah. I will be the one drenched in Proverbs 31

… waiting for you.

But to my Father: My Father who has known me before I was birthed into this earth…
Only if You should see fit.
I desire Your will above mine, so even if You call me to a life of singleness, my heart is content with You-- the One who was sent.

You are the greatest love story ever told.
The greatest love ever known.

You are forever my Judge and I am forever Your witness.
And I pray that I’m always found on a mission about my Father’s business.
I will always be Yours.
And I will always wait for You, Lord.
More than the watchmen wait for the morning.
More than the watchmen wait for the morning, I will wait.

No comments: